1. “Westlab” – Westlab Pty Ltd ABN 71 606 662 113 trading as Westlab.
2. “Product” – Any furnishing items sold by Westlab including (but not limited to) –
- Steel framing,
- Storage units,
- Taps, turrets and sinks, and
- Under bench and overhead cabinets
3. “Commercial” – Any product application installed in non- residential premises such as offices, educational, healthcare, research and private business.
4. “Warranty Term” – Commences on the earlier of the date of delivery or payment in full until the end of the Warranty Term for Westlab products.
Subject to the terms and conditions outlined in this document and the terms and conditions of sale:
- Westlab warrants to the original purchaser of Westlab products used for commercial use, the product(s) will, under normal use be free from manufacturing defects during the 5-year Warranty Term; and
- where a manufacturing defect arises, Westlab will, at its discretion, repair or replace the products without charge if it is defective directly as a result of manufacture or supply by Westlab.
Terms and Conditions of Warranty
1. This warranty does not cover any defect/damage caused by:
any natural occurrence, third party act or omission or other circumstances beyond Westlab’s control;
b. physical abuse, negligence, vandalism, misuse or accidents;
c. exposure to excessive direct or radiant heat;
d. exposure to excessive moisture, including damage from steam or hot water;
e. the use of inappropriate cleaning products/materials;
f. normal ‘wear and tear’, including without limitation, scratches, scuffs, burns, stains, wipe marks, chipping, dents, cuts on the product;
g. unauthorised modification/application.
h. general fading or discolouration due to direct or indirect UV light exposure;
i. variation in colour, pattern or shade of material against sample material, displays and/or printed illustrations;
j. faulty workmanship by any person other than Westlab;
k. inappropriate transport, storage and handling prior to installation;
l. failure of any adhesive, caulk, or other accessory, or failure of any caulked or filled joins or seams;
2. This warranty does not cover:
a. anything that has been disclosed as a feature or limitation of the Westlab product in any literature published by Westlab;
b. outdoor applications;
c. where a defect is trivial or insubstantial;
d. where the claimant is unable to provide proof of purchase or equivalent documentation from an authorised retailer of the Westlab product.
3. This warranty only applies to Westlab product(s):
a. that is purchased on or after August 1st, 2019;
b. that has not been moved from their original place of installation;
c. where that part or parts of the Westlab product is affected by the manufacturing defect. Westlab will endeavour to repair to the same standard or replace with the same or substantially similar product and colour. Westlab is not obliged to repair or replace any other product(s);
d. where Westlab has received notification of any manufacturing defect within 7 days of the first person to become aware of it; and
e. where the claim is made within the applicable Warranty Term.
4. Cost of claiming:
a. Westlab will bear the expense of reasonable labour charges which are necessary for the repair or replacement of the defective Laminex product;
b. The person claiming the warranty will bear all other expenses of claiming this warranty.
a. a claim may only be made against this warranty after Westlab has received payment by first purchaser in full for its product;
b. a claim may only be made during the applicable Warranty Term;
c. the Warranty Term does not restart if a claim is submitted; the original warranty commencement date applies; and
d. the warranty is not transferable or assignable.
a. If you are a consumer as defined under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) the Westlab Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the ACL. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This warranty is in addition to your rights under the ACL.
b. To the extent permitted by law, without limiting your consumer rights under the ACL, Westlab expressly limits its liability under this warranty and under any other statutory guarantee imposed at law to, at its option:
- the replacement or repair of the defective product;
- the supply of an equivalent product; or
- the payment of the cost of the defective product, or of repairing the defective product, or of acquiring an equivalent product.
c. To the extent permitted by law, Westlab expressly excludes all conditions, warranties and undertakings in relation to the Westlab product, whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose and not withstanding any course of dealing between the parties or custom and usage in the trade to the contrary, except as set out in this document.
a. Any enquiries regarding this warranty should be sent to Westlab, Cargo P.O. Box 1680 Bakery Hill, VIC 3354. Enquiries can also be made by calling 1800 358 101 or emailing email@example.com.
8. Information required for claims:
– Your name, address and phone number;
– Place where the Westlab product was purchased and amount you paid for it. Please also provide a copy of your proof of purchase;
– If the Westlab product has been installed, the installers’ business name, proof of purchase including sales order numbers and dates of purchase;
– Type and colour of products installed;
– The address where Westlab product has been installed, and the date of installation, the name of the person and company that installed it;
– Description of how the product is defective. Please also accompany this form with photographs of any defects found in product;
– The value of the labour charges necessary for the repair or replacement of the Westlab product (including any quotes you have obtained verifying the labour charges).